quarta-feira, 21 de setembro de 2016

Meet Elly Wood



What can you tell us about yourself?
I am 26 and a primary school teacher from Australia. I have been living in London as a teacher since September 2015 on a working holiday visa and am on my way back to Australia but first traveling for 8 weeks - only 5 days left!

What are your main goals?
My main goals would be to experience life to the fullest. Be successful in the career that I have chosen but also take a broader approach and see where my profession can take me as far as teaching in different countries. I love to travel so I want to see as much of the world as possible and experience all the different cultures and ways of living around the world.

What made you volunteer?
I was traveling with some friends up until I started my time volunteering and they were heading off to visit places I have already visited so I thought why not take this opportunity to have some down time but also meet people and help out somewhere I haven't yet been. It's also a great way for backpackers on a budget to be able to go everywhere they want to go.

Is this your first time? How do you feel about it? Would you do it again?
This is my first time volunteering. I was a little unsure before starting, fear of the unknown I guess, but I did my research and looked at the reviews etc. for the Ria Alvor Hostel and they were all very positive so that helped and made me feel quite confident it was going to be a pleasant experience and it was. I've enjoyed my time here in Alvor and at the hostel and have felt very welcome, relaxed and at home here. I think I would definitely do it again if I were in the position to do so.

What’s the best/worst part of it?
There isn't a worst part; there was nothing bad about the experience. The best part would be that the hostel and guest house are kept so nice and clean which makes for a comfortable environment that I was happy to be around. The staff also, very friendly and helpful. And the experience overall is a nice way to meet new people and discover a new area and explore around the area also

What do you think about the hostel?
I think the hostel is fantastic. It has every facility that a backpacker could ask for and it is kept very clean which makes for a comfortable to stay.

What about Portugal… Do you like it?
From the area I have visited in Portugal (Lisbon, Lagos, Alvor and surroundings), I really like Portugal and would definitely come back. It is a small country but with so much to offer.

What are the differences between Portugal and Australia?

Australia is a very modern country so there the buildings and cities here in Portugal more quaint and have more history to them which makes them interesting and unique.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário