segunda-feira, 26 de setembro de 2016

Meet Olivia O'Grady


English:

   Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm Olivia! I'm 22 years old and a happy Canadian. Currently my main focus in life is experiencing new places and seeing as much of this world as I can. I love pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and opening my mind to different cultures. I thrive off of planning my next adventure but also letting life unfold as it’s meant to.

Have you ever volunteered before?
Yes, I've done numerous volunteering at hostels over the past year.

How was your experience?
I can honestly say that working at the Ria Alvor Hostel was my favourite volunteer experience of my travels. It was amazing how comfortable and at home I felt after only a few days of being there. My friendship with the crew working at the hostel blossomed quickly and by the end of my stay I didn't want to leave. There is something special about the hostel.

I know you’ve worked at a hostel before. How do you compare it?
I actually found my experience in Portugal very similar to my job in Jasper, Alberta at a hostel. Both of the hostels have a very wholesome feeling to them. They both provided me with an environment to make new friendships that I know will follow me to my future travels and also a space to explore the outdoors in a different way. Alvor was definitely a lot warmer than Alberta, which I was thrilled about.

Would you do it again?
I would absolutely do it again, I've been planning my trip back since before I left.

How did you find out about our place?
I found out about volunteering here through helpx.net, it's such an amazing website.

Did you enjoy Portugal?
I fell in love with Portugal. The people, views and food are to die for. I have never seen skies so blue and consistently blue. Throughout my experience I felt incredibly welcome and safe in Portugal.

What places did you visit?
I was able to visit Faro, Lagos and Alvor during my stay! Along with a quick road trip up to Lisbon with new found friends.

What did you like the most?
I loved Lagos and Faro but my favourite place will remain to be Alvor. It was the perfect mixture of fun and relaxed. The beaches were wide and long which allowed you to find a spot to yourself with peace and quiet. At the far end of the beach in-between the rocks you can find multiple little beachy nooks, which I found fascinating. I'd recommend walking to the rocks and back along the whole strip at sunset, it was one of the most breathtaking sceneries I've seen in my travels.

Would you come back?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Already trying to work it into my future travel endeavors!


Português:
Fala-nos um pouco sobre ti.
Sou a Oliva! Tenho 22 anos e sou uma Canadiana feliz. O meu maior objectivo na vida actualmente é experienciar novos sítios e ver o máximo do mundo que conseguir. Adoro sair da minha zona de conforto e de abrir a minha mente a diferentes culturas. Fico ansiosa para planear a minha próxima aventura mas também deixo que a vida flua como é suposto.

Já tinhas feito voluntariado antes?
Sim, fiz inúmeros voluntariados em hostels durante o ano passado.

Como foi a experiência?
Posso dizer sinceramente que trabalhar no Ria Hostel Alvor foi a minha experiência de voluntariado preferida das minhas viagens. Foi incrível o quão confortável e “em casa” me senti apenas depois de alguns dias de aqui estar. A minha amizade com os funcionários desenvolveu-se rapidamente e no final da minha estadia não queria ir embora. Existe algo especial no hostel.

Sei que já trabalhaste num hostel. Como é que se compara?
Achei a minha experiência em Portugal muito similar ao meu trabalho num hostel em Jasper, Alberta. Ambos os hostels têm um ar muito saudável, providenciaram um ambiente em que foi possível criar novas amizades que sei que irão acompanhar-me em viagens futuras e também permitiram-me explorar ao ar livre, apesar de ter sido de forma diferente. Alvor é definitivamente mais quente do que Alberta pelo que estava muito entusiasmada.

Voltarias a fazê-lo?
Definitivamente voltava a repetir. Comecei a planear a minha viagem de volta mesmo antes de me ir embora.

Como é que descobriste o nosso hostel?
Descobri sobre o voluntariado no helpx.net, é um site espectacular!

Gostaste de Portugal?
Eu apaixonei-me por Portugal. As pessoas, as vistas e a comida são de chorar por mais. Nunca tinha visto um céu tão azul em toda a minha vida.
Durante toda a minha experiência senti-me extremamente bem-vinda e segura em Portugal.

Quais foram os sítios que visitaste?
Consegui visitar Faro, Lagos e Alvor durante a minha estadia! Além disto também fiz uma viagem rápida até Lisboa com uns amigos novos.

E do que gostaste mais?
Adorei Lagos e Faro mas o meu sitio preferido é Alvor. É a mistura perfeita entre o divertido e relaxado. As praias são enormes o que permite encontrar o sitio ideal para estar em paz e tranquilidade. No fim da praia entre as rochas encontra-se vários recantos e achei isto fascinante. Recomendo que andem nas rochas durante o pôr-do-sol, foi um dos cenários que mais me cortou a respiração durante as minhas viagens.

Voltarias cá?
Sim. Sim. Sim. Já estou a tentar planear a minha passagem por aqui nas minhas viagens futuras!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário