quinta-feira, 7 de julho de 2016

Testemony - Surf and Summer Life

Entreview with Andrea, a vonluntary and surfer

Did you come to Alvor because of surfing or were there other priorities?
I started surfing recently so I mainly came to Alvor because of that, but I was also looking for a smaller and cozier town and Alvor had both things.

Where did you go surfing?
I have surfed in Praia do Amado and Arrifana, in the West coast because there are no waves in the South coast during the summer although it gets big in the winter, in Praia da Rocha for exemple.

How were the beaches?

Praia do Amado is a very beautiful beach, surrounded by little hills you can walk in. It is 2 km away from the nearest town, Carrapateira, a town with very good vibes where a lot of surfers stay. Even if there are no houses in the beach you can find some surf schools and rentals, and 2 bars. Arrifana is more North than Praia do Amado, and it´s a nice little town on top of the cliffs. There is a small road from there to the beach, it´s a 5 minute walk.



What activities did you try, did you like them?

I tried surfing, which I really enjoyed because the waves have been good and same about the weather. Other than that, I have been hiking from Alvor to Portimao, and in Carvoeiro. Both hikes have been lovely , along the seaside with some cliffs and caves.

What was the best in your opinion?

Surfing in Amado is what I enjoyed best, because i t is a wide beach with space for a lot of people in the water, and a lot of nice people in the bars or staying in vans in the parking beside it.

You had no expirience in hostels how did you like staying with us?
I really liked the experience, because even though I came alone I have met so many different people and I have found it very enriching, interesting and fun.

Would you reccomend people coming here to Ria Hostel?

Of course I would. The location is very good, in the center of the town with an amazing view of the river, the staff are very nice, the instalations are nice and clean and the atmosphere is great.






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário